Monday, November 16, 2009

Ski Day


If you know Rachel and I, you know we are avid skiers, and skiing is an activity we love doing together. So this weekend we went for the first time this season, and also for the first time as an engaged couple. A nice relaxing day on the slopes turned into an uproar of profanities and laughter. I was following Rachel down, and at the very bottom i had a bit more speed then her. While pulling into the lift line, i safely went around her thinking I left her with plenty of room to stop before shooting into a garden of sharp rocks. While waiting for her to pull in next to me and discuss the high and lows of that particular run. I heard what sounded like cats getting thrown on a chalk board. I turn around to find my soon to be wife crawling back, saying words you would never let your mother hear. It took me off guard, and even more when i found out they were directed at me. (She may have even flipped me off). “Apparently” i cut her off a bit when i passed her and didn’t leave her enough room to stop. That dreadful notice I later found out were her brand new skis gliding over fresh uncovered rocks. Needless to say behind my hysterical laughing i felt truly terrible and still have plenty of kissing up to do.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

That is a hilarious story! Glad you're both okay (Rachel surviving the fall and Evan surviving Rachel!)

evan and rachel said...

Just a note to everyone, Evan tends to embellish stories.