Now I'm not trying to say I'm some kind of expert on marriage but I have learned a few things over 11 months. Evan and I next month will be married one year. And we have learned a lot about each other. Some things I think are majorly important:Always make each other smile, no matter the time, day, whatever
Make an effort to compliment each other, you married each other because you couldn't live without each other, so it should be easy to do.
Try to make a dinner you know they like at least once a week, the rest of the week you can be selfish and make food you like.
Take an interest in each others hobbies, yes sitting on the couch all day Saturday wathcing football is not my number one favorite thing to do, but being with my husband is my number one favorite
Actually pay attention when they share interesting facts, yes Evan quizzed me on the bowl match ups and I do believe we are rooting for the exact same teams in every bowl match up. Ps, he could've rigged the system though.
ALWAYS make time for cuddle time. (It's my favorite)
If your special someone likes taking walks at night, and it's freezing, put on another coat and go with. It's those times alone, outside that are the best times.
The joys of being a couple without kids, you can enjoy being poor and trying to save every penny for projects, trips, a big purchase because eating mac n' cheese every night doesn't get too old. Only after week 3 does it start to taste a little weird.
Enjoy a good song, whether you sing it to them or vice versa.
Always offer to help even if you may not be good at the project. Normally when I offer to help, Evan prefers I sit while he tackles it because it involves tools. Not exactly my strong point. But I always think it's the thought that counts. He may offer to help clean, but gives me that smile that gets him away with murder and yes instead I bring him either pink drink, or Pepsi and he continues on his merry way with ESPN.
Date night-enough said.
I'm sure there are people out there that have years of experience over me, or may think some of these ideas are stupid. But I can without a doubt say I love my husband more today then I did last year and I know it will just get better every year and day. Love ya Ev!
1 comment:
Sooooo sweet! And the "children" didn't even get a mention! Warms my heart to see you both so happy, wishing you many, many more months and years of wedded bliss!
Post a Comment