Thursday, June 17, 2010
Entitled
I'm venting. I personally don't understand why some people feel so entitled lately. I understand when you are a boss or overseeing people you need to manage. I completely understand that. But doesn't somewhere draw the line of an employee asking for help, or confused and in return getting yelled at? I personally do not see the logic in that. If you are implementing a new program and there are employees who are confused and are actively trying and asking for help, you, as a manager, boss need to help. That is your job plain and simple. Lately I feel as a lot people, American in general, feels entitled. Like if something goes wrong, clearly it wasn't their fault. It was someone elses and since something happened someone else should fix it. I know this isn't a positive, feel good blog but everyone in general needs an attitude adjustment. What happened to the days where everyone was positive and had a kind word to say. Now it's boiled down to getting flipped off on the freeway and people maybe muttering hello while traveling up and down the staircase at work. I personally think everyone has lost their general manners. For instance, when someone holds a door open you say thank you. If a waitress/waiter brings you a drink you say thank you. You say please when asking for something. And also for the person being polite by holding the door, you say you're welcome. None of this silent looks and expectations. It's not hard to be polite, it takes an extra 5 seconds of your day or two extra words from your vocabulary. It's honestly sad how much people don't care about other people. I honestly 100% think that people need to start caring for people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Uhm I agree! Also, I'd like to contribute. A simple, "I'm sorry!" when you are bumped or walked into would be very nice.
I'm with you! The basic problem is that no one is made to be accountable or reponsible for the things that they do.
Being civil to folks costs nothing........
Move over and let me join you on your soap box!!
Post a Comment