As many of you know Rachel and I were fortunate enough to go on a cruise last week for her sisters wedding. Rachel and I unfortunately were not able to fly down there together because her father was able to get Rachel a ticket but for me to get one it would have been very expensive so I flew on Frontier while Rachel went on Delta. We lucked out by finding flights that left and arrived at nearly the same times. So Monday morning we boarded the Royal Caribbean "Monarch of the Sea" and sailed to Coco Cay and Nassau. It was a short cruise but very much needed. It was really nice to spend some time in the sun, and also with the family. I have to take a moment and say that I LOVE cruises. They are so cheap! When you look at the cost of housing, transportation, food, and entertainment, you can’t beat the price of a cruise, plain and simple. I was able to see a lot of Rachel’s extended family who are really great people. I only see them once in awhile but they treat you like you live next door. They really are the nicest people and so welcoming. I have never received more compliments then I did last weekend.
One funny story from the cruise was actually in the middle of the night. Rachel and I were fast asleep and all of a sudden were woken up by an incredibly loud churning sound, which was followed by our bed shaking out of control. I was thinking to myself “Oh my god, our boat is dragging on the bottom of the ocean, I’m gonna die!" after being shaken off the bed I started to look at it more clear and came to the conclusion that next door to our room was the anchor and we were in the process of dropping anchor because we were at our first port. It was pretty traumatic and I spent most of the next night anticipating my trajectory off the bed again.
All in all it was an awesome trip and only makes us more anxious for our trip to Europe.
1 comment:
I laughed my ASS off reading that story. That's the funniest thing I've heard in weeks. Good one.
I love cruises too. They make some seriously fun vacations.
Post a Comment